HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our data policy, contact us: email@example.com
Maps by Aisha is creating and selling different maps. As a service provider and e-commerce company that sells to businesses (b2b) and consumers (b2c), we process your data to understand user behavior better and offer you a better experience (with tools like Google Analytics). We also need your data to fulfil your orders and for this we must submit your data to our fulfilment partners and shipping companies like Leopards Courier. If you give your consent, we will also email you from time to time when we have something newsworthy to share like content on our blog we think you might like, new products or tips what you can do with your maps purchased at Maps by Aisha.
Changes to this Policy and Acceptance
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we do, we will inform you about any major changes, either by notifying you on the site or by sending you an email. Any chances we may do will never apply retroactively and we will let you know the exact date these will go into effect. If you purchase from our website, that means you accept this policy.
How this Policy Applies
This Policy describes the information we collect from you, how we use that information and what our legal basis is for this. We will also explain if/when/how we share this information and your rights and choices regarding any information about you that you give to us.
Please also refer to our Terms & Conditions.
An exception of this rule is if a consent isn’t possible for technical reasons and the processing of your data is allowed or legally required.
WHY DO WE COLLECT DATA?
We are collecting data, in particular:
- Performing the contract, we have with you: We need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver our products to you. processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering a contract.
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection. Signing up for our newsletter is an example of this.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes we have to collect and use your data required by law. Tax laws for example require us to retain records of purchases and payments.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which basically means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Services secure. We also analyze how users interact with our Site so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
In order for you to interact with us (like contacting us, purchasing from us, signing up for our newsletter, commenting on blogposts) we need to collect and process certain information.
Depending on your interaction with us, the data we collect may include:
Every visit to our website triggers the automated collection of data. The following data is collected:
- Information about your device
- Information about your web browser
- IP address
- Time zone
- Some of the cookies that are installed on your device
- Information about the individual web pages or products that you view
- What websites or search terms referred you to the site
- Information about how you interact with the site
With this we create logfiles. The data from these can be attributed to a user. For example, if a link that leads you to our website could include data that could be used to identify you. These data then will also be saved in our system in the logfiles. We do not safe this data and link it to other data we gather from you (for example if you order a map).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store via your browser.
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies which are needed to make the website work properly. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in, use a shopping cart or make secure payments.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These also allow us to tell if you’ve left any products in your basket without checking out.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website relevant to your interests and for advertising and retargeting purposes. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third parties we work with also store cookies via your browser. For example WooCommerce.
WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
We will know your email address to send you updates when we release products we think you may find interesting. We may share bigger company news with you or when we release content on our website, we think you could find interesting.
WHEN YOU SEND US A MESSAGE VIA THE CONTACT FORM
The only thing we will have to ask for here is your email address so we can get back to you.
WHEN YOU BUY A MAP
- Know your full name, address, e-mail address and maybe phone number if you choose to provide it – the more details you provide the more ways we have to contact you regarding your order in case there are problems. We will also send you emails relating to your transactions on our website (order confirmation, tracking number).
- We will share your information with our fulfilment company/companies so they can pack your order and label the packages properly
- We will share your data with our shipping partners depending on the shipping option you choose, who then in turn will share the data with subcompanies they work with. They may use the data you provide to send you updates regarding your order status or contact you in case of any problems.
- We will also share the data necessary (Name, Address, Goods purchased and amount) with relevant departments to pay our taxes.
We do not store any personal information from the payment gateway. We have third party contract which stores your credit/debit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
HOW THIS INFORMATION IS SHARED
Your information isn’t shared publicly!
Information that’s shared with trusted third-party services
In order to deliver your goods, improve our website and promote our services we have to share your information with third-party services. Examples are payment processors, our shipping partners, our fulfilment company, email tools like Active Campaign, Google Analytics and. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
However, we may share your public reviews from time to time with the information you provided in our reviews section. This information would be associated with a validation badge that you have purchased from our shop.
Information that’s shared to protect Maps by Aisha and comply with the law
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect our legal rights, property, or the safety of Maps by Aisha, its employees, customers, or others.
Generally, your data will be deleted when the purpose of saving it in the first place has been accomplished unless we must keep your data on file for legal reasons.
We will save your email address for newsletter purposes until you opt-out of our newsletter. We will keep your personal information for tax authorities (your name, address, products ordered).
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
We give everyone who interacts with us the same rights. These include the right to request:
- Deletion (erasure) of your personal data
- Correction (rectification) of your data
- Access to your data
- An export of your data in a common (portable) format
These requests will be addressed by us within one month, unless they are exceptionally complex.
You have the right to request that your personal data be erased in certain circumstances. If we receive a request from you to delete your personal data, we will
- Verify that you are you or that the requester is the same as the data subject (that is, the requester is not asking to erase someone else’s personal data)
- Confirm there is no legal reason to preserve this data
If both conditions are satisfied, we will forward the request to our payment partner and also delete the data in our system. In addition to that, we will also work with any relevant third parties to make sure that they delete or anonymize the personal data.
However, we do not guarantee removing any personal data from our payment partners
When processing a request for erasure, we will anonymize the personal data of the buyer, but keep non-personal data such as revenue information and order details. Order details that are retained include the gateway used to process payment, time of sale, amount paid, currency, subtotal, shipping cost, taxes added, shipping method, item quantity, item name, SKU, and payment method.
Web Browser Controls
You can prevent the use of certain Tracking Tools, such as cookies using the controls in your web browser. These controls can be found here: Tools > Internet Options (or similar). Through your web browser, you may be able to:
- Delete existing Tracking Tools
- Disable future Tracking Tools
- Set your browser to provide you with a warning each time a cookie or certain other Tracking Tools are being set
Please be aware of this: some opt-outs are cookie based. This means that when opting-out you will have a cookie placed on your device that lets us know you have opted-out. If you delete your cookies, use a different browser, or use a different device, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Emails: We will give you the ability to opt-out of marketing-related emails via a link at the bottom of each such email. You cannot opt-out of receiving certain non-marketing emails regarding the Service. For example if we sell the company, we will also send you an order confirmation and tracking if applicable.
Please note this: Opting-out of Behavioral Advertising does not mean that you will no longer receive online ads. It only means that such ads will no longer be tailored to your specific viewing habits or interests. You may continue to see ads from us.
We work with partners who encrypt the data. For example Woocommerce, nevertheless, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data Protection Authority complaint
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We are a small company and we don’t need one. However you can of course contact us regarding any of this under firstname.lastname@example.org
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted interact with us on their own. Maps by Aisha does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to interact with us or buy from us.
If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.